SIGHT SEEING IN
Within Ten Kilometers
from the Oberoi Apartments
Historical Places / Monuments
- Red Fort - Built by Shah Jehan, the builder of
the Taj Mahal, in l648. Son et Lumiere in
English and Hindi 6 days a week. Mondays closed.
- Jama Masjid - The largest mosque in India built
- Chandni Chowk - Old Delhi's famous shopping and
eating area since the time of the Mughuls!
Excellent silver market..
- Raj Ghat , Shanti vana, Vijay Ghat, Shakti Sthal
and Vir Bhumi on the banks of the Yamuna River
are the nations shrines to Mahatma Gandhi,
Jawaharlal Nehru, Lal Bahadur Shastrii, Indira
Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi respectively.
- St. Jame's Church & Nicholson Cemetry -
Contributed by the British Raj.
- Ladakh Buddhist Vihar - commonly known as
Monastery, has gardens, fountains, a central
prayer hall and a library for Buddhist Studies.
- Oberoi Maiden's Hotel - A heritage hotel over
150 years old; magnificent colonial architecture
- a place to swim and eat.
Educational Institutions :
- Delhi University - North Campus
- St. Xavier's School
- Sant Parmanand Hospital (1 km)
- St. Stephen's Hospital (3 km)
- Sushmita Trauma Centre (2 km)
- Hindu Rao and Tirath Ram Hospitals (2km)
- Ganga Ram Hospital (10 km)
- The WHO Office Complex
- Chandni Chowk - unbelievable stuff
- Karol Bagh - glitzy - all the brand names
- Connaught Place (Rajiv Chowk) - the colonial
shopping hub of New Delhi
- Daryaganj - Sunday market for an unbelievable
wealth of second hand books.
- Sadar Bazaar - Delhi's wholesale hub, and a
great food place early at night, when shops
- "Old Delhi"food is to die for.whether it is
kebabs or chaat.
- Chandni Chowk - Parathe Wale Gali for sauted
Indian breads stuffed with a choice of delicious
- Jama Masjid - kebabs , curries & Indian breads
spectacular at night after watching the Son et
- Broadway Hotel on Asaf Ali Road for authentic
Kashmiri food. Chor Bizarre is itís signature
restaurant in Delhi (and London)
- Oberoi Maidens Hotel for Continental fine
dining, Coffee Shop snacks and Indian Cuisine.
- Gujarat Centre on Club Road for the most
authentic Gujarati Thalis
- McDonald's at the Metro Station.
Within approx. 12 kilometres you can
- See India Gate
- Walk through the historic & beautiful Lodhi
- Experience the elegant Oberoi Hotel
- Golf at the New Delhi Golf Club. A new
pay-and-play golfing facility has opened just 10
km. further North, very reasonable, with golf
sets you can hire.
- Visit the Old Fort (14 th century), see the zoo,
or try boating on the moat.
- Eat at the Pandara Road Food Court
- Shop on Janpath for export styled cotton
garments at a real bargain. And shoes, and
- Visit the historical observatory - Jantar Mantar.
- See the Indian Museum & the National Museum of
Modern Indian Art.
- Gasp at the historical Imperial Hotel's
- Visit travel agents, airline offices, etc.
- Enjoy cultural shows at the India Habitat